Manager, Quality Assurance
General Intention and Expectations of Candidate
An entry level engineering position responsible for Testing/Quality Assurance of Quorum’s business continuity solutions for the data center and the cloud. Position is also responsible for building and maintaining the QA test and lab environments.
The successful candidate will have the ability to document test plans and test cases, execute and publish results for existing and new feature set. The candidate will work closely with engineering sub-system owners to correct problems and enhance overall product quality.
The successful candidate should have experience with Windows and Linux environments and work with manufacturing in installing and configuring onQ systems.
Must have strong communication skills, a good team player, and exhibit the ability to produce award-winning products in a fast paced environment.
Quorum is an Agile, Test-driven Development shop. If you are self-motivated, understand data storage and data protection, enjoy the dynamics of a startup company, always find yourself at the center of projects, and believe that untested code is broken code – we would like to speak with you!
- Define and create test documents against stated project and/or release goals.
- Define, create & execute manual and automated tests as needed for the entire product line.
- Investigate, create and implement tools to enable efficient test creation and execution in a continuous integration environment.
Create new QA test environments and maintain existing lab infrastructure.
- Create new QA test environments and maintain existing lab infrastructure.
BS with 2-3 years or MS with 1-2 years of experience. The candidate should have a degree in one of the following disciplines: Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics.
- 2+ years with system, functional and regression testing for storage and networking related technologies.
- 1+ years of experience in creating test plans and test cases for projects involving system level testing.
- 1+ years of experience testing web applications and appliance portals including presentation, middle and backend layers.
- 1+ years with enterprise applications such as Exchange, SharePoint, MSSQL, MySQL, Oracle, Application servers.
- Experience in Automation of functional, regression and performance tests and operation in a continuous Integration environment.
1+ years in building test lab environment with understanding of computer hardware fundamentals, ability to work with and configure various operating systems and applications on physical and virtual appliances.
- 1+ years in building test lab environment with understanding of computer hardware fundamentals, ability to work with and configure various operating systems and applications on physical and virtual appliances.
- Good understanding of storage and networking concepts.
- Knowledge of technologies such as virtualization, networking, VMWare, Xen, Linux, Windows and Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Experience working with coding languages including C, C++, and Java.
- Scripting in Python, PHP, Bash, or other language.
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle.
- Experience scripting in Windows & Linux environments.
- Ability to understand software requirements and develop testing approaches for them.
- Ability to take lead in deploying hardware and software requirements for engineering department. Research minded & ability to explore new solutions.
- Research minded & ability to explore new solutions.
- Knowledge of XEN, VMWare and Hyper-V.
- Knowledge of Linux & Windows operating systems.
- Knowledge of automation frameworks and Test management systems.
- Results oriented.
- Process driven.
- Pragmatic: able to analyze trade-offs and prioritize tasks in order to achieve goals.
- Strong sense of self-discipline: able to overcome difficulties, uncertainty and temptations that conflict with the mission.
- Entrepreneurial-spirit (passionate about joining a startup).
- Team player.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate with peers and management.
- High professional standards - Strong motivation for individual and organization success.
- Demonstrable commitment to excellence/diligence (as demonstrated by education, business and work experience).
Strong quantitative and analytical skills, including a strong sense of intellectual honesty.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, including a strong sense of intellectual honesty.